Saturday, June 20, 2009

Why do I care?

(Marian Call)

A little while ago I found out that a couple of friends of mine from high school got divorced. The started dating when they were like 15 or something and they were THE most amazing couple! They dated forever and were strong in their church and eventually got married and moved to Alaska. On Facebook the guy added me as a friend and I noticed his wife was not his "friend" and he had said he was single! I was so shocked!! Anyways... not that it is any of my business but I am SO saddened by this! He is a completely different guy (it seems) and I have even cried about their divorce. WHAT IS MY PROBLEM?!?! I generally don't care too much when people get divorced, it happens (a lot unfortunately) so it doesn't really bug me but these two really were so perfect for eachother and I really cared for both of them so much. They were both such amazing people and seemed like one of those couples that NOTHING could come between. Aparently something did. The female of this couple is now a perfessional singer and goes by the name Marian Call. In my next post I will post a You Tube video of one of her songs that makes me even more sad every time I hear it (why I keep listening to it, I don't know. Maybe I am a masochist at heart). Even if you never knew this couple, if you have ever gotten your heart broken, the song might bring on some tears. I know this is an odd post, I just wanted to get some thoughts out that have been running around in my head. Sorry.

2 comments:

Bronson Clan said...

That's awful! So I always get these e-mails for Marian Call, and now I finally know who it is!

Katie Curry said...

I saw that, too, on Facebook. I was pretty shocked as well. My boyfriend couldn't understand why it bothered me so much, and I didn't know how to explain it.