Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Early Arrival!!

Surprise, surprise!!!  Desmond Vaughn Hooker made his appearance on June 1st at 2:22 a.m.  The day before, I was getting some preperations ready for dinner and my water broke!  I wasn't sure if it was indeed my water because nothing like this has ever happened to me before.  Even with the twins, I had to be induced.  I eventually realized that it was indeed my water and we all ran around like crazy people trying to get things ready to go.  I had not yet gotten ANYTHING ready for the hospital or the kiddos.  I frantically called my dad (my mom was out of town) and asked if I could drop the kids off with him and told him I would later get ahold of our baby sitter.  He was happy to take them and they were happy to see him.  We got to the hospital early afternoon and they started trying to get my contractions going (I wasn't really having any yet).  After a few failed attempts, at about 1 a.m. they finally gave me a bit of Pitocin which took a very strong effect!!  After that things went fast... painfully fast!  Luckily we had no real complications.  The cord was wrapped around his neck 2 1/2 times but luckily he had an especially long cord so it didn't do any harm.  Here are a few unscrapbooked pictures of our latest addition.  HE IS SO CUTE!!!
7 Lbs. 11 oz.    19 1/2 inches long!  Not too shabby!

Gabe is such a good big brother and LOVES Desmond!!

Snuggle time with Daddy.

4 comments:

Brittany said...

Congrats! He's beautiful!

Angela said...

Congratulations. He is so cute!

Bronson Clan said...

He's so precious. I'm glad everything went so well. We love you guys!

Amelia said...

Congrats Sarah! He's beautiful! Hope you and your sweet family are doing well.