Thursday, October 18, 2007

"General Conscience"

For all those who saw it, and I guess thse who didn't, general conference was great. I think I only saw 2 talks but they were very good. My personal favorite was the one by Elder Octaviano Tenorio. He spoke in the Sunday afternoon session kind of about how our family can be together forever. I didn't catch all of his talk so I am not sure if that was his true point but that is what I did get. He told a story of his wife having their first child in another part of Mexico then where he was. He was so happy about his new little girl and told everyone at work about it. The ext day he brought chocolates to share with everyone at work in celebration of his daughter's arrival to this earth. As he was passing them out he got a call from his father-in-law saying that his little girl had died. Octaviano asked to talk to his wife and they talked about how great it was that they were sealed to this little girl. After talking to his wife, he continued passing out chocolates. One person asked how he could do this after hearing such horrible news. Octaviano shared his testimony of eternal families with this person and that person truly saw his faith.

What a hard thing to loose a child but to continue to be upbeat and possative is something that I do not think I could ever do, even with the knowledge that I have in my life.

I am so greatful for my family, they teach me more each day and are so completely precious to me.

Here are a couple of pictures (provided by parts of my family) from General Conference




This is Gabe's picture of Camilla (Cmle). He is such the artist!!





This is my nephew Max. What a stud!! He LOVED getting his pictue taken!



I hope that those of you who could, enjoyed conference and got a little spiritual uplift. We are so lucky to have this modern day guidence in our lives. I know that I do not use it as much as I should but I am greatful for it!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well said.