Saturday, October 6, 2007

EXPLOSION!!













At about 3 p.m. I was sitting on my couch while Ezra and Gabe played and Landon and Scotland slept. I heard a huge BANG which made our entire house shake, literally! I looked up, out the window and half the sky was covered in flames. We later found out that a propane tank had exploded less than 1 mile away from our house. According to Mapquest the address was 0.74 miles away from us. The fire ball was about 500 feet in the air and 1000 feet wide. It burned for many hours. It was crazy!! They had to shut down Highway 16, which is a fairly busy highway around here and they redirected traffic to go through our neighborhood.








Aparently the propane tank had exploded while it was being refueled. They are not sure how, but there ya have it. As of right now many have been hospitalized and one man is reported missing. The picture to the right was taken by a person half way across town. I am not sure where the picture to the left was taken from, but you get the idea. After things like this you get so greatful that your husband came home from work. I just feel so bad for the man who is missing's wife and family. I know we will keep them in our prayers.
















MORE PICTURES

taken from Highway 16




About 3 hours after the explosion


















1 comment:

Bronson Clan said...

That's crazy!!! I'm glad you all are safe.